Friday, July 18, 2008

Birdhouse

For some reason, Eli got it into his head that he wanted to build a birdhouse. Blair told Eli they would make one after work one day. All day he could not stop talking about it or thinking about it. He was so excited. He drew pictures of the birdhouse that he wanted to build so that Blair would know how to build it. At one point during the day he insisted he needed to go to Dad's work to show him some changes he had made to the drawings. So after work they went to Home Depot, bought some wood, and came home and built a birdhouse. I had to document it with a few pictures. I must say, I was pretty impressed. By the way, all night I had the They Might Be Giants song, "like a little birdhouse in your soul..." running through my head.






5 comments:

Nanci said...

How cute. What a good dad your husband is!

Kim Ward said...

Impressive!

JoRae aka Lolae said...

I think that is the cutest thing I have ever seen. A birdhouse? Who would of thought? Kids imaginations are awesome, and boy is Ely creative. Good daddy son time too.

Ann said...

An architect? A designer? What's in store for Eli's professional future?

Ann

cAM said...

Good job BJ, who knew you could do something with wood.