Monday, May 12, 2008

LIVE RICH RACE

I wanted to let you all know that our LIVE RICH team was a huge success. The race was awesome. There were about 50 people who ran on our team in honor of Rich, including several who flew in from out of town to race. We raised about $30,000 for cancer research! How awesome is that? There are so many good people in this world. Thank you to everyone who donated.
Rich had planned to go to the race and be at the finish line to greet the LIVE RICH team, but unfortunately it was the night before the race that he went to the hospital with pneumonia. But saturday my whole family went straight up to the hospital after the race and we were able to tell Rich all about it. He was so excited to hear all the details. I really think he hung on for the race.
Rich was and is an inspiration to me and has taught me through his example what it means to "live rich."





2 comments:

Nanci said...

Emma, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. He sounds like he was an amazing guy. I'm glad he was able to be there for the race and see how loved he was by his family and friends. I'm sure it meant a lot to him. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jer + Lu said...

Way to go, Emma! I love the shirts. I hope you were careful with those strollers-- they can be hazardous during a race ;)